A wish

A special section for all our english speaking visitors.

Moderators: Junior Administrator, Moderators, Bestuursleden

Sebi

A wish

Bericht door Sebi »

Hi folks,

I'm Sebi the owner of www.sebiarts.de. Over my domain-hosting-statistics I recognized that a lot of data-traffic on my pages is produced by your forum. Especially the bunch of pictures that are directly linked in your threads are the problem. It is OK to make text-links to my page but PLEASE stop directly linking the pics (because I have to pay for that). I already contacted your webmaster but I didn't get any response, that's why I started this new topic.

I hope on your insight - thanks.

Have fun
Sebi
MrJos
Forumlid
Forumlid
Auto: 323F BA
SYC/ Wie is wie-topic: 14990
Contacteer:

Re: A wish

Bericht door MrJos »

[quote="Sebi"]I already contacted your webmaster but I didn't get any response, that's why I started this new topic.[/quote]

:roll: :roll:
Sebi

Re: A wish

Bericht door Sebi »

[quote="RedAstina"][quote="Sebi"]I already contacted your webmaster but I didn't get any response, that's why I started this new topic.[/quote]

:roll: :roll:[/quote]

I used the contact-form from the menu on the left "mail de webmasters!" - this was 2 days ago ... so what?
MrJos
Forumlid
Forumlid
Contacteer:

Bericht door MrJos »

No mail in my inbox...
ColdAsIce
Expert
Expert

Bericht door ColdAsIce »

Sounds resonable....I and many other used your site to develop the cockpit looks like yours. Many thanks for that....

we can try to minimize to data traffic to your site by trying to reduce the number of pictures used in our forum but we can't promise that everyone will keep that promise, we can only try....

I think you are the victim of your own succes....

good luck with your website...
Afbeelding
Sebi

Bericht door Sebi »

Thanks for your wishes :)

It really wouldn't be the problem if there were only one or two pictures linked directly ... but, especially in the new "rx-323f" topics in this forum, there are nearly all relating pictures from my homepage linked within one or two single statements -> That's the problem, because everytime a user views the topic, the pictures are requestet from MY webspace and that causes traffic.
If you want to show the pictures directly in your threads, please copy them to your own webspace and link them (don't forget to mention where they are from :wink: ).
GVR
Novice
Novice
Auto: 323F BA 1.8 1996

Bericht door GVR »

I can imagine that hotlinking is not so good for your data usage. Maybe it's an option to enable hotlinking protection for a while. Then everybody see that the pictures aren't working anymore, and they will change the link faster I think.
ColdAsIce
Expert
Expert

Bericht door ColdAsIce »

I can put some of them on my website....this would help you a lot...but someone has to remove the links to the images....
Afbeelding
JanJaap
Advanced
Advanced
Auto: Volvo V40
SYC/ Wie is wie-topic: 0
Extra parameters: f=7

Bericht door JanJaap »

Maybe one of the mods can change the topic that has been locked. The open topic has been changed already.
Afbeelding
MrJos
Forumlid
Forumlid
Contacteer:

Bericht door MrJos »

[quote="JanJaap"]Maybe one of the mods can change the topic that has been locked. The open topic has been changed already.[/quote]
done :wink:
Plaats reactie